Menu

THM vs 100 Days of Real Food

Nam2001

Does anyone have any experience with both of these programs? Trim Healthy Mama and Lisa Leake’s 100 Days of Real Food? I’d love to hear how you felt using both of these. (Not simultaneously)  What results did you have? I’m not just looking to lose weight - though that would be nice. But need an overall health/diet change. Inflammation, feeling super old, bad habits, too much processed food, etc....

Thanks! 

So... I did play with THM in an effort to be healthier and drop a few pounds. And, fast forward a few years, am on Wahl Protocol. Ironically, the goal of the second diet was not to lose weight at all but to reduce inflammation and optimize health. Last week I had to buy all new shorts. I moved from a solid 10 to a slender 6 - just a hair under thirty pounds lost. 

They are nothing alike.  The goal, despite protests, of THM is not health. The goal is healthier.... And that is vastly different. 

Wahl is “Get the crap out of your body.”

THM is, “Eat healthier and substitute so you don’t suffer.”

If you are healthy and want to drop weight, by all means, give THM a shot. It will likely work for your goal.

If you have disease and need to reduce inflammation, do not do THM. I wouldn’t be allowed to eat most of what is in their cookbook.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

So... I did play with THM in an effort to be healthier and drop a few pounds. And, fast forward a few years, am on Wahl Protocol. Ironically, the goal of the second diet was not to lose weight at all but to reduce inflammation and optimize health. Last week I had to buy all new shorts. I moved from a solid 10 to a slender 6 - just a hair under thirty pounds lost. 

They are nothing alike.  The goal, despite protests, of THM is not health. The goal is healthier.... And that is vastly different. 

Wahl is “Get the crap out of your body.”

THM is, “Eat healthier and substitute so you don’t suffer.”

If you are healthy and want to drop weight, by all means, give THM a shot. It will likely work for your goal.

If you have disease and need to reduce inflammation, do not do THM. I wouldn’t be allowed to eat most of what is in their cookbook.

Thanks! 

And I’ve never heard of Wahl protocol so I’ll take a look. 

I’m definitely not loving the food with THM and cannot stand the stevia and other sweeteners they recommend. 100 days seems more natural and enjoyable but definitely has more wheat in the recipes overall. (Or maybe it’s me choosing those recipes because they are so good 😂

I have used THM off and on since the first book came out (5 years?) I have dropped weight and become healthier. I think one of the “issues” with THM is that they give guidelines but few hard and fast rules. They are striving to make it simple, but in reality it leaves many confused. They try to make it a way of life- not just s diet- so you get people who are eating loads of things that are fine for occasional use- all the time and wondering why they aren’t seeing changes. They talk quite a bit about superfoods and health, and choices in our eating, but if you go to the Facebook page you see mostly recipes for heavy desserts and cheese laden dinner recipes. It’s all in how you approach it. 

4 hours ago, Free Indeed said:

I have used THM off and on since the first book came out (5 years?) I have dropped weight and become healthier. I think one of the “issues” with THM is that they give guidelines but few hard and fast rules. They are striving to make it simple, but in reality it leaves many confused. They try to make it a way of life- not just s diet- so you get people who are eating loads of things that are fine for occasional use- all the time and wondering why they aren’t seeing changes. They talk quite a bit about superfoods and health, and choices in our eating, but if you go to the Facebook page you see mostly recipes for heavy desserts and cheese laden dinner recipes. It’s all in how you approach it. 

I’ve noticed this!