Menu

Accountability Thread 6/30-7/6

July is upon us, but I have one day left to squeeze my June word count by a few more thousand words. July is Camp NaNoWriMo, and I am going to be incredibly busy. But it keeps my mind off the heat and horrible sunshine. 

Today, I plan to take the boys to the lake for a while and work on characters for my July rewrite. This isn't going to be a busy school week, what with the holiday and with me working out of the house some this week. I sincerely doubt much planning will get done, but there's always a chance.

• Like 1

🙂  good morning!  Critterfixer: how did the June word count go?  hoping for the best!

Today: keep on keepin' on.  Today's theme song: Roll a D6, and tonight: Dungeons & Dragons with the boys!  Second time for us, starting a new game b/c last week's game master/DM is on a biweekly schedule.  Little DS wants me to be something cooler than the Human Ranger I am leaning toward ... he's eying Half-elf Cleric for me.  ???

So.  Most of a day of school, working 'round elder DS's troubles; piano lessons this afternoon; work in house & garden, incl. figure out next set of plants to acquire: more ground cover and/or hedge plants.  Continue planning school year, hoping to knock out our general course of study/resources for this term and then figure out what needs to happen next on the planning front.  Play around with the open-source vector graphics software somebody here suggested -- Inkscape, that is it -- with the goal of getting images into our Anki.  Exercise!  Eat enough veggies!  And get a note out to an acquaintance from our former church. 

• Like 1

Morning!

@seredipitous journey>> Word count for June was around 103K, not counting short stories, non-fiction pieces, and character work! So I think 100K for July in revisions will be quite doable. Writing day starts around 8:30 for me and usually goes to 8:30 at night in July, though!

Today--about that. I'm ready to dive into my two drafting WIP, and then spend the rest of the day editing and revising, although it's a lot more about addition than subtraction at this point. Lots to do. Boys have light school and one wants to go to the lake. Not happening today. It's very hot, very sunny, and I'm still not right from a day spent out in the sun on Sunday. Too much sunlight in the summer messes with me, and not in terms of sunburn.  I haven't even been able to tolerate a desk lamp this week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Word count for June was around 103K, not counting short stories, non-fiction pieces, and character work!

Whoo-HOO!  Awesome!!  Just: wow. 

Hoping you recover from the over-sunning & that your day goes well. 

We all had a grand time at D&D last night; elder DS was then up 'til 1:15 with stomach problems, so he & I are exhausted today.  Boo shame.  From yesterday's list, the essentials got done but not: exercise; Inkscape practice; full day of school.  However we all got our characters ready for the evening game which was my priority over school.  This week I've managed to get us back to doing read-alouds at lunch & am picking up composition for the boys -- I'd like us to finish last year's work before next year begins 🙂 and composition is one place it counts; math is a little more flexible, as long as we work daily elder DS will stay ahead and younger will catch up.  So for this afternoon: hit yesterday's misses, give younger DS some math, get a nap in. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

'Evening!  Today has been quietish and fairly restful, a bit productive.  Boys did composition & maths & piano and I had lunch out with DH.  This evening: do some more planning, eat, out for a "menagerie" game night in town (same place that hosts the D&D games has lots of summer themed game evenings & younger DS has been quite avid to try this one), get a bit of exercise, &c. 

Morning! Today is going to be light for most everyone, heavy for DH and I. He's working on the bridge across the creek, struggling to get as much done before rain sets in again. Normally, we wouldn't think about rain being a problem in the summer. Last summer and this summer have so far been the wettest summers we remember. So...there's that.

I have to bake a cheesecake for tonight's get-together with family for fireworks and dinner. I also need to write and revise, and catch up all the laundry that didn't get done yesterday. Already at it, and feeling so tired after working yesterday. But I'll get through it.

• Like 1

Afternoon, y'all!  This morning has been low-level chores & the local, very tiny 4th of July parade. 

This evening will be low-key around here; my goal for the day is to crank out our Summer Term plans -- I'm working through Pam Barnhill's book/program, which is so helpful for the structure at a time when I'm burned-out on planning, and the next thing is subjects/schedules.  There are roughly ten steps: the goal will be to get through all of them for Summer Term, just to sketch it in and set myself up to plan the year more ably. 

happy Independence Day.  I do love this country.  🙂 

• Like 1

Morning. The boys are doing school. I didn't tell them to do it, but they got up and started, so I'm not going to stop them. Writing for me. Very, very tired and depressed this morning. It's the summer blues and I won't escape until around the latter part of September. But--this is the latest start I've ever had, thanks to a rainy spring and plenty of cloudy days in June. So that's positive!

• Like 1