Menu

How many boxed MEL chemistry kits do you get a month for $34.90?

pitterpatter

I'm just wondering how many of the boxed kits you get a month for $34.90? Just one box, right?

As in, just one of these?

image_iuhnnd.webp

Someone on eBay stated that the kits have a $17.45 retail value. I'm trying to figure out where this figure came from. $17.45 sounds a lot better than $34.90 per kit to me.

Well, that stinks. Two kits seems about right for the money. I would probably let a subscription run without much thought for about $20 a month/box.

Just thought of one more question I've been wondering about. Do the kits expire? I can't see how most would, but I suppose some chemicals could lose potency over time.

11 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

It used to be two but now it is only one.  And we had been with it awhile and recently quit due to getting kits we already had. It was very nice and in the beginning I thought the value was there.  

25 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

It used to be two but now it is only one.  And we had been with it awhile and recently quit due to getting kits we already had. It was very nice and in the beginning I thought the value was there.  

My understanding was that there were 2 years worth of kits. Is that how long you had it? Do the kits contain more, or is there half as much to do each month?

2 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

My understanding was that there were 2 years worth of kits. Is that how long you had it? Do the kits contain more, or is there half as much to do each month?

We had it two years and they were supposedly adding to it. The last half of last year, the kits went to one and I thought it was half as much. You could see the difference from the beginning to now.  A local coop was using it and also felt it decreased over time. 

• Thanks 1