Menu

Care to share your Biography Page with me?

My son types his notebook pages (including biographies) on the computer. Then he uses Google Images for pictures.

I usually put the title & dates. Then he can basically do what he wants. That way, I feel he "owns" the information or the knowledge. I might step in with a suggestion if he's too narrow or too silly.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

For that age, I would just ask for a "narration about this person".

If you haven't heard SWB explain how she narrows down & focuses her dc's narrations, I would highly recommend getting the Writing without Fear CD. It will help you and your child together come up with a well-structured, brief narration.

This sounds like a job for IEW. We just choose the info we want for the KWO and it could come from anywhere in the book or articles (I don't use TOG). Sometimes I require something specific included (monroe doctrin named after him but, what's the monroe doctrin? or include some info on Rhea Sylvia before you tell about the wolves, et c.). Mostly I just let her decide what she wants to include.

I also let her cut and paste or color a pic for the top of the page. I probably don't need to warn you about searching for google images for your papers but . . . well, you never know. It's usually best to scrounge up a few and then let the kiddo choose from that selection.

Howdy Friend!

It's been a while since I've been here and I am glad I to say I might suggest something to help you. :)

Here are a few links with free blank pages:

Blank Bio Page

Notebooking Pages Blank Bio Pages

I agree with Rhondabee that oral narration is best at this age. If you wanted to do something like this with your child I would suggest to make a notebook together with the people your studying. Perhaps he could fill in the name, DOB, and a couple other simple things like that and then he can narrate to you what he learned about the person and you write it down.

I want to share with you a guide I ran across a little while ago: Simply Charlotte Mason Curr. Guide. I have been re-evaluating my why's/how's, etc. of homeschooling lately and this guide has helped free me from all those things I "think" I should be doing. But in all honesty, those things I "think" should be done, don't really need to be done.

I know you didn't ask for all that information, etc., and I apologize if I am offering advice where it isn't wanted.

I do pray you find exactly what you are looking for. :)

Blessings~Tina

Edited by Tina in WA