Menu

Suggested Suplement to AoPS for AP Calc BC?

DD will do Calc this year.  I'm doing the teaching (likely the last math class I'll teach....sigh).  We'll use AoPS as the primary text, since she likes them and we've been on their math-train since pre-alg.

Looking for suggestions on secondary text that might be more focused on the content  or question style of the exam (in particular, anything calculator based..she's never really used one for math).

We could, ofc, just grab the Barron's test review book but wondering if anyone has a suggestion they like better.

@Kathy in Richmond suggested this one on an old thread and it was great for my DS to figure out what form the test graders like to see the answers written in

https://www.amazon.com/SOLUTIONS-Calculus-Problems-Part-1987/dp/B011W9EQYI/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=calculus+problems+broadwin+lenchner+rudolph&qid=1560972938&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still using the book that Momto6inIN linked with my students. 🙂  Besides modeling how to write great FRQ solutions, it also has a topical index that allows you to pull up FRQs on any specific topic that your student needs.

I also used Barron's review guide (for MC practice) and a full released exam just before the real AP test in May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1