Menu

MP vs WWE

lulalu

Looking into next year 2nd grade. I am wondering what is the easiest on the parent to teach. 

WWE 2 

or

Memoria Press copybook, along with a few of the reading guides

Do these cover the same skills? What would be the most open and go? 

We did MP 2nd lit. guides this year. As for specific writing skills, there is no dictation per say. The students are NOT expected to form sentences on their own. We would do the reading and then talk about the discussion questions. I would usually choose about 1/2 to actually write the answers to. We would discuss the answer and I would ask him to formulate a good, complete sentence and then tell it back to me. I would then write it above his lines, and he would copy it with correct spelling, punctuation etc. It's not a writing program really. MP uses copywork and cursive for that. Writing doesn't really ramp up until 3rd, but the student IS learning good sentence writing through the lit. guides.

I've also used WWE and I would say it's totally different. Just depends on what you want. WWE wasn't for us.