Menu

HELLO

I was supposed to send my daughter to kindergarten last March but she keeps on saying that she doesn't want to go to school. 

She will be turning 5-years old on December but up until now, she doesn't know how to write her name. She hates numbers and alphabet she just says the word but is not familiar with how it looks like. My cousin is currently helping her to learn more but it seems like she is not paying attention at all. I feel like my dog is smarter than her that he can bypass the richell pet gates that we have at home. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got her eyesight checked out?  I teach in a public school and also teach art online for homeschool kids.  I have seen this behavior before with some of my 1st graders.  She can see fuzzy or out of focus letters and guess at what they are because she associates the fuzzy word with the words you say.  She can't spell them because they look like a blob to her.  She can't see the individual letters.  Go to the eye doctor and get her an eye test.  I really do think that she just needs glasses.  Like I said, I have seen this same behavior in school and it was fixed with glasses.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the challenges of parenting is knowing when a worry should prompt action. How do you know when to get help for a child who is struggling? Keep in mind that there is a lot of variation in how kids develop, and a broad range of behavior that’s typical and healthy (if sometimes troublesome) as children grow up. So you don’t want to overreact. But when the behaviors you worry about are seriously interfering with your child’s ability to do things that are age-appropriate, or your family’s ability to be comfortable and nurturing, it’s important to get help. Use best calamine lotion for take care of face skin. its very helpful to take care of you and your child skin.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure about where you are but in NZ most kids start school at 5 not knowing the alphabet and unable to write their name.  I wouldn't be that worried about that part.  Here kids get eye and hearing checks for free before school so if you don't try and find someone to do it. It won't pick up some issues but it will pick up long and short sighted plus 3D issues or peripheral and some focus issues.   Where you are is Kindy preschool like hear or was she expected to start school at 4.5?  When does you year start?  Can you just keep her at home until she is a bit older?

Even is NZ where they start on their 5th birthday we would expect practically zero numeracy and literacy skills at 4.5.  they would be learning how a book works and counting only.