Menu

ACT Test Questions

I am confused about the ACT, which DD prefers to take over the SAT.  Can you take the ACT without writing, or do you automatically site for the entire test, including writing, when you register?  If a student doesn't want to take the writing portion, do they have the option of opting out on ACT test day, or are there special test dates without writing?

You sign up to take the ACT without the writing, not sure that you can opt out on test day.  Everyone takes the exam together and kids not doing the writing get to leave before the writing portion starts.

FYI, There were a couple of WTMers advising not taking the writing portion with either the SAT or the ACT so your dc would have a clean exam in case the unpredictable writing portion went poorly before my kids tested.  We did the ACT without writing and the scores were good.  Never bothered with the main SAT with writing because we didn’t actually need a writing portion.  My kids did test twice because some schools allow super scoring which did benefit my kids.

Edited by mumto2
  • Like 1