Menu

Email problems

kiwik

Hi.  This is a long shot but I know some of you are tech experts.

I have to use Outlook for work.  Starting several days ago I could no longer reply to emails.  I hit reply and it seems OK but when I start typing it puts the message in drafts and moves to the next message in the inbox. I can go into drafts and finish and send but it is slow, I can also open a separate window each time but it is also slow.  I have cleared the cache, done a fresh install of Windows 10 and run malware.  It did work briefly when I had Chrome uninstalled and was working solely on explorer but everything else was painfully slow.  It worked for a short time after I reinstalled chrome provided I used it in outlook but now I am back at square one.  I am going to try uninstalling chrome and installing Firefox next but would be grateful for any ideas.  I am so behind as a result of this.

Thanks

Kirsty in NZ

Is your email on webmail?  I work directly on Webmail rather than go into Outlook.  It seems to have fewer problems, although it isn't as convenient in some ways.

Can you use your personal email (or open a dedicated personal/work email) as a backup?  I do this, but I am an owner so I can't be fired for it.  My hotmail.com account is more reliable and a lot faster.  I ask my clients to copy that account, and sometimes I send emails from there (copying my work email) when my work email is being a butt.