Menu

Austin must-dos ???

StaceyinLA

Heading to Austin next week (we'll actually be staying in Round Rock, which I asked about in another thread). We will be in Austin a good bit, and I need some no-miss activities. We will be there 5 days.

Any no-miss foods would also be awesome, as I'm all about trying yummy, local stuff!

9 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

Heading to Austin next week (we'll actually be staying in Round Rock, which I asked about in another thread). We will be in Austin a good bit, and I need some no-miss activities. We will be there 5 days.

Any no-miss foods would also be awesome, as I'm all about trying yummy, local stuff!

Well, of course, you have to see me. Where's the other thread?

• Like 1

Well that would be fun!! I'm not sure, but I think you posted in it!

I think we'll be in Austin more than Round Rock. We are there for the Lone Star Round Up car show, although my daughter, grandkids and I won't be spending as much time there as her husband and his folks. We're looking for all the fun, local stuff to do and eat! 😜

We will have a 5yo, 3yo and infant with us.

They actually go to Austin every year, and have gotten familiar with some things, but I'm hoping to find some new stuff for us that they've not tried.

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 1

@StaceyinLA  You might check out DO512 for the events happening during the time you are in Austin.  it is fairly thorough.

https://do512family.com/

Since you're going to be here soon, one thing you REALLY want to do is find a patch of bluebonnets on the side of the road and take pictures with your camera.  Try not to trample the flowers and don't pick any.  It's a big deal here (See my profile pic, which was the bluebonnet picture for my kids a few years back)

Edited by vonfirmath