Menu

WWE placement

sangtarah

Dd9 doesn’t like to write. This year we’ve limped through W&R Fable. She will say the answers orally; she hates the act of writing. She enjoys listening to the fables. The exercises of summary or expansion are difficult because she doesn’t always know what to say. (She may have some other learning challenges going on but they haven’t been defined yet, maybe inattention or auditory processing.)

What level of WWE would I start with? If you have used WWE, do you think it would be a good fit? 

I think it depends on how difficult fables was.

But from what I read above probably level 1. This way she is taught how to narrate. And if it is too easy, then she'll zip through it go to level 2. This way she won't be missing anything.

We did WWE level 1 and 2 before fables. So when we got to fables we just skipped the narration part, so I'm not sure how narration is taught in fables.

In WWE level 1 and 2, the student will learn the 3 main questions to ask oneself that leads to a 2 to 3 sentence narration.

Hth

I started WWE2 with my oldest when she was 9 and hated both the act of writing and oral composition.  It was a very good thing for us.  She enjoyed the stories and that made the rest palatable.  That level begins teaching summarizing by asking leading questions before narrating, and still separates oral narrating from the act of writing, although it does start using the student's narration as copywork one day a week.  It also starts studied dictation, where you do a sentence for copywork one day and then do it as dictation the next.