Menu

Alternatives to Fast ForWord?

Kanin

• 3 years later...
On 2/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, Kanin said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to learn about alternatives to Fast ForWard. FFW is REALLY expensive! Is it really worth the money? I'm specifically trying to find a computerized program, because my student is very motivated by computers. I'm trying to target auditory memory, attention, and language processing. (A lot to ask of one program, I know 😀)

I've heard of Hear Builder. Anything else you've tried with positive results?

Per your post it seems NeurAlign can be a great fit for you. please check their website for more info www.neuralign.org

New to WTM...Looking into FF as my son did Reading Assistant in the past and how much he hated that back then.  But my son's reading has improved and skipping words less but still need to work on fluency still.  My son's school gave him access to HearBuilder, Reading Eggs & RazKids for this mixmash version of fluency.  FF can be cost prohibitive but looking for alternatives offline too.  Will try to read on previous comments for suggestions. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 4:58 AM, TPS_homeschool said:

New to WTM...Looking into FF as my son did Reading Assistant in the past and how much he hated that back then.  But my son's reading has improved and skipping words less but still need to work on fluency still.  My son's school gave him access to HearBuilder, Reading Eggs & RazKids for this mixmash version of fluency.  FF can be cost prohibitive but looking for alternatives offline too.  Will try to read on previous comments for suggestions. 

I have yet to hear about HearBuilder and Reading Eggs! Are these two any good? We've used RazKids before for reading and the audio files are great. The questions are also very straight forward. We were able to try out Beestar which has a great grammar and classical story component. The kids enjoyed the classical stories and we also really enjoyed watching them improve their reading comprehension skills. We love that the kids have shown a lot of progress.