Menu

I just might survive this week . . .

Between work and school and the ongoing personal stuff, I'm having one of those weeks when I feel a little bit like I'm drowning. I actually took off a day last week to try and catch up on school, which made me feel better briefly, but I've gotten increasingly panicky with each passing day since, knowing that I had big assignments due tonight and feeling like I just wasn't on track to get them done, let alone done well.

And I'm not out of the woods just yet; there is still the big group project that has to be submitted by midnight and for which we are still waiting for the final contribution from one group member to arrive and get folded in before I do one more editorial pass. However, I have checked off the individual assignment for the other class (for which I hadn't even done the reading when I rolled out of bed this morning) and completed my share of the work on the aforementioned group project and submitted my copy of the teamwork evaluation for that. I also helped my team for the other class nail down an issue we've been struggling with for almost two weeks. And, as a  nice bonus, that team just got back our grade on the most recent submission, which was high enough to bump me back up over 90%, partially recovering from the disastrous grade we received on the previous assignment.

I keep swearing I'm not going to let myself end up in this mess every week, the one in which I have to spend all day on Sunday with my butt in my office chair frantically trying to finish all of my assignments for the week before the midnight deadline . . .

But for now, I'm just glad I will live to fight another day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a light week for assignments. I have been in touch with my teams for both classes and have scheduled check-ins with both tomorrow, but there are no deliverables due in either class and no individual assignments. I have a couple of small tasks to take care of before tomorrow's check-ins, but I have been rather enjoying a low-stress week.

• Like 1