Menu

Memoria Christian Studies...Workbook or not?

Jenn Robinson

Hello ladies! We have just gotten the Golden Bible and my 8 yr old thinks it's beautiful! I was wondering about the workbooks from Memoria Press. I looked at their samples on line but I was still wondering what kind of experience you had with them.

Did you use them or read the Bible without? Did the kids write the answers or answer orally? If you think this is a good program to be used as it is, what makes it better than others? Any thought would be great!:)

Hello ladies! We have just gotten the Golden Bible and my 8 yr old thinks it's beautiful! I was wondering about the workbooks from Memoria Press. I looked at their samples on line but I was still wondering what kind of experience you had with them.

Did you use them or read the Bible without? Did the kids write the answers or answer orally? If you think this is a good program to be used as it is, what makes it better than others? Any thought would be great!:)

We did all 3 volumes and enjoyed them. We did them mostly orally together. I thought it was a nice supplement. I have volume 2 (student book and teacher) if you are interested in buying a used copy.

We just started using this and I bought the Teachers and the workbook. I am enjoying it but we are not using the workbook. We are really just having a laid back time answering orally and just bunny trailing. I will only buy the Teachers for the next level.

Hi! We have the workbook and teacher guide, but we mainly do this orally as well. Dd and I take turns reading the Bible, we find the locations talked about on a map and then questions are done orally. Sometimes I'll have her write out a Bible verse as copywork and she does write out the reviews. She is in 5th grade doing the new testament. We do the lesson for the week all in one day since she is older. I couldn't imagine doing that with a younger child though. I was mainly looking for something to teach Bible literacy (basic sequence of events, memorizing the books of the Bible, knowing how to thumb through a Bible) rather than a Bible study. Dd already does a bible study everyday on her own when she wakes up. That coupled with church activities is enough, imo. So, the MP studies have really fit the bill for what I wanted, but you could definitely go more in depth, take more time to do it as a bible study.

The teacher's manual is basically the student workbook but with answers written in it. HTH!:)

ETA: Sorry! It would help if I answer the question! I would say workbook not needed, but it has been nice for us each to have our own copy so we both have the questions in front of us! If your child is more auditory and really doesn't care about seeing the questions, I would definitely save the $ on the workbook!

Edited by runningirl71