Menu

Are there consequences of doing AP exams?

Gil

I'd like The Boys to have the option of using Dual Enrollment to take classes so I'm wondering if they pass an AP exam, can they still opt to take an introductory class in that subject at a college, or are they obligated to begin with higher level courses?

I would also venture to say that you would want to take the intro classes for classes that are related to your intended major as well. There's usually a certain assumed knowledge/philosophy of that discipline that you are intended to have acquired coming through the program. I think this is why the top tier schools don't often grant credit for AP.

I also see it as an way to start out college with material that they already have comfort and confidence in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, Gil said:

I'd like The Boys to have the option of using Dual Enrollment to take classes so I'm wondering if they pass an AP exam, can they still opt to take an introductory class in that subject at a college, or are they obligated to begin with higher level courses?

I passed AP Calculus BC (with a 5) (back in the early 90s) but opted to take the 2nd class of calculus in college anyway.

It may depend on what University you go to.

I believe I passed AP English and didn't affect the classes I took at all.