Menu

ST Math as a full curriculum?

ghcostafamily

Im looking into this for my 5th soon to be 6th grader next year. We have used SIngapore math for the longest period of time and stopped at level 4. My oldest now uses i-Ready as a main curriculum and we add in other math as need be. i-Ready is an online software that had videos and quizes, it will adjust to where she needs help, but I was told by our charter school that it is NOT a main curriculum and mainly used as a supplement. That being said, its the one that gets done daily and without complaints, so thats a win win for us. We tried TT and she hated it, and I dont really like i-Ready myself so looking into something that will work for both of us.

My thoughts are to switch to ST math for next year and see if she likes it. From the website is states that it is a full curriculum, so I wanted to see if anyone else uses it as such?

The only reason Id like to switch is to have her main curriculum be online, and then we can supplement as we do now.

We also have Developmental mathematics, which is all worksheet based, but that I was going to use for morning/clipboard work, just a page a day as review.

She says the reason she likes i-Ready (CC aligned), is because they SHOW her the math, shes dyslexic and loves anything visual. She also likes Beast Academy and LOF. But both of thoses I need to sit with her and read them for her to be able to use them, so Im looking for something that she can use on her own for the main portion.