Menu

Quick question on Canvas and Google Drive

DS14 received this email from Google about Canvas. I am assuming that Canvas only has access to whatever folder is used for collaboration but the email seems to imply his entire Google drive account.

“Canvas now has access to your Google Account **********@gmail.com.

Canvas can:

• See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files

You should only give this access to apps you trust. Review or remove apps connected to your account any time at My Account. 

Learn more about what it means to connect an app to your account.”

Do you refer to Canvas.Net?   If so, I have an account with them.   I took a MOOC course from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University on their platform.

Is this on his cell phone?   I only used it on my Laptop, so I didn't see anything like that, but if I had, I would have been alert, as you are.  "All of your Google Drive files" seems to be quite inclusive.  

I suggest that you investigate this more...

22 minutes ago, Calming Tea said:

I saw that. Another university was saying to use the university’s Student Google account to link to Canvas instead of their personal google account. 

There is nothing important in his Google Drive so we aren’t worried enough yet to create another google account just for outsourced classes.

• Like 2