Menu

We finished singapore!

Ausmumof3

5 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

We just finished Singapore standards 6b!  I don’t know what but I feel a bit like this is the end of an era and we need to celebrate or something! 

Congrats! That's really cool. We always celebrate when we finish the end of a math series. Usually something small.
Do you still have all of the completed PM books that you've used so far and do you need any of them for another child?

Any completed PM books you won't be needing again, you and your kiddo might enjoy sitting down to watch a movie while tearing out and wadding up all the pages so that you can have a "snowball" fight with them with some favorite music blasting in the background.

You might have a special snack or meal to celebrate and throw math-papers-turned confetti.

After we've exhausted the fun we can have with the paper itself, The Boys like to burn the papers outside to have a bon-fire and roast hot dogs or kebobs over. (We used to do marshmallows but we don't eat sugar/processed foods anymore)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gil said:

Congrats! That's really cool. We always celebrate when we finish the end of a math series. Usually something small.
Do you still have all of the completed PM books that you've used so far and do you need any of them for another child?

Any completed PM books you won't be needing again, you and your kiddo might enjoy sitting down to watch a movie while tearing out and wadding up all the pages so that you can have a "snowball" fight with them with some favorite music blasting in the background.

You might have a special snack or meal to celebrate and throw math-papers-turned confetti.

After we've exhausted the fun we can have with the paper itself, The Boys like to burn the papers outside to have a bon-fire and roast hot dogs or kebobs over. (We used to do marshmallows but we don't eat sugar/processed foods anymore)

I’ve heard of families burning maths books when done but that is definitely another level!!! 

Unfortunately I get to do it all again twice more before we are done with the books forever...

16 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I’ve heard of families burning maths books when done but that is definitely another level!!! 

Unfortunately I get to do it all again twice more before we are done with the books forever...

Oh, the burning isn't out of malice or hatred. We're a house of math-fiends. But I'm a clean-freak and a Declutter-Nazi.

I had to come up with a "fun" way of getting them to let me throw that stuff away and The Boys get keep any pages that they're particularly fond of (up to 7), but I keep minimal clutter around. The only reason we had so many workbooks laying around is because The Boys didn't want to get rid of any of them, but by the time we were done that paper stack (we had PDFs that we'd printed) was too much for me and just throwing it in the trash seemed unbearable for them.

Even after getting them to wad and tear up the pages, they seemed attached and hesitant to just trash them, so I let them burn the pages for a bonfire/cookout. It's been a fun family tradition ever sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gil said:

Oh, the burning isn't out of malice or hatred. We're a house of math-fiends. But I'm a clean-freak and a Declutter-Nazi.

I had to come up with a "fun" way of getting them to let me throw that stuff away and The Boys get keep any pages that they're particularly fond of (up to 7), but I keep minimal clutter around. The only reason we had so many workbooks laying around is because The Boys didn't want to get rid of any of them, but by the time we were done that paper stack (we had PDFs that we'd printed) was too much for me and just throwing it in the trash seemed unbearable for them.

Even after getting them to wad and tear up the pages, they seemed attached and hesitant to just trash them, so I let them burn the pages for a bonfire/cookout. It's been a fun family tradition ever sense.

lol... I know you’re all math lovers!  If mine burned there’s it would be because they’re very glad to see the back of them.  Somehow my math love has not been passed on!

Edited by Ausmumof3