Menu

The Nomadic Teachers Lounge 10-26-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge! Today we have coffee, tea, and water for beverages and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for snacks. 
Better get one before the kids do!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I'm seriously considering chucking/donating/selling most of our possessions and hitting the road as nomads! 
I'm pretty sure I could convince my husband to do this. Not so sure about the kids! I wanted the kids and I to get OUT of the house for a bit yesterday and go
do something fun. With not much money at our disposal it had to be relatively cheap or free. So, we wound up at Cabela's. For some, I realize, it's kind of like going to Costco:
you go to 'look' and come home having spent a few hundred dollars. For us Cabela's is more like an amusement park. ? In the Spring and Summer, they had this wonderful large
10 person tent set up with cots and a table. We loved to walk in there and imagine what it would be like to have one. Yesterday it was no longer set up. ? So, instead, we kind of separated
and did our own thing while there. My kids are 14 and 20 and each had there phones with them so I was okay with that. We did wind up at the microfiber recliners a couple of times. The kids also
went to the shooting gallery (that's such a fun entertaining thing to do - no real guns involved). And ds and I also were able to use the archery range. Plus I had plenty of time to myself to just meander
through all the camping gear and think about what I would want should I actually become a nomad. This morning, I was thinking that I might have to get in the not-so-distant future, the compression luggage, just to save space in my house!

What fun and different thing have you done this week? Here: see above!

Done anything crafty this week? Here: no but this morning I realized this may be a contributing factor to my low health issues. Being creative helps me relax in a different way than reading does. I've been doing a lot of reading lately but not much craft-wise. Need to do that! My husband has been getting more craft project - oriented lately, too, and made a leather cover for his key fob. 

Is school on or off today? Here: mostly off. DS has his theater class this afternoon and Tech Week is NEXT week! ? So that's his only class for the next week or so. We do not do regular 
schooling during Tech Week.

Talk to me! ?

• Like 1

I needed to get out yesterday too.  We went to the museum (season passes) and wandered around the outside part.  It wasn't to cool and definitely wasn't crowded.  We had a good time.  Ds bought us a coke while there but no other money spent.  (I love a coke so that made me happier).

I don't know I would want to travel to much right now but the getting rid of most of our possessions is a nice thought.  We don't use all this stuff.

• Like 1

Hey Scrap, good to see you. Looks like I missed the past few lounges, finally getting back onto my feet after a cold. It seems to silly after the fact how much they stop me in my tracks, but man those things aren't fun.

Fun thing this week was on Wednesday my DS7 had his first choir performance. I've never seen him that happy in public. He was literally bouncing the entire drive there, while we were waiting, on the stage, and after he sang and the older choirs were performing. It was very heartwarming to see. 

Crafty: made coffee filter flowers for my dad's birthday. Also starting to get last parts of Halloween costumes together! But the main pieces for 2 of the costumes haven't arrived yet, hopefully they're here by Monday otherwise we'll be in panic mode.

School today?: off, Fridays are off days right now where kids visit my parents and I work. Which is what I'm supposed to be doing now...oops. lol.