Menu

Region 2 or Multi Region DVD Player Recs

stormy weather

Our first DVD Player, purchased many years ago, was a brand that I had never heard of. It was a Yamakawa.  After purchasing, I was happy to learn that it was an excellent machine.  We are in South America and a friend in Texas called them for me, to see about how to configure it so it would work with all Regions. To his amazement (and mine) a very helpful person picked up on the first ring of the phone and sent him (and me) the information about how to reconfigure the DVD Player to make it Multi Regional.  It has since gone to the graveyard and we had a number of DVD Players after that. I'm not sure if we still have one that works. Probably we do, but we have Netflix now, so watching movies on a DVD is something of the past, as Blockbuster found out.

I hope you find one that works well for you, for many years to come!  The day we saw the Yamakawa in the superstore, it was in the main aisle and they had a ton of them and we bought one. That was also the most expensive DVD Player we ever purchased. 

• Like 1