Menu

Need a Documentary Series

moonflower

To watch while working (really to listen to while working).  Series of audio lectures would also be okay I guess.  

I have watched all the Planet Earth ones, and am 0% interested in social causes or human interest stories or true crime mysteries.  Nature, history, etc. is good.  

I have watched all the Poirots for which I have read the book, so I've kind of run through my stash of things I can watch without watching while working that keep me from being bored.  I tried the Marples but after the first two I saw (body in the library and 4:50 to paddington) I've concluded that they are waaaaaaaaay too altered to even be bearable.

Anyway, any ideas?  I am also game to radio shows I can listen to on archive. I used to like listening to John Bachelor and this old Catholic lady on the radio (two separate shows, of course).  I am not sure who the lady was but if anyone recognizes the description - mid-day show, carried by the local Catholic radio, sort of a plain way of speaking.  There was one where she told the Easter story that was just very very good.

Check out the In Our Time podcast series. The host has a different group of guests each episode, and they discuss a little of everything: literature, history, philosophy, science.

I also enjoy Levar Burton Reads (short fiction.) But that one is sometimes not safe for little ears.

If you have never seen them, Terry Jones (of Monty Python) has a charming series called Medieval Lives that I think you can still find on YouTube.

• Like 1