Menu

Singapore 6 content

I'd planned on doing Singapore 6 because I heard it had good probability/statistics content, but DS is really enjoying his dabbling in AoPS Pre-Algebra book. I'm considering nixing Singapore 6 in favor of just spot teaching a few topics so that he can move on to PreA sooner. Looking at the scope and sequence, it seems to mainly hit fractions/ratios/percents, volumes/areas, angles/basic geometry, and statistical analysis (mean/median/mode/outliers), and I notice that only the last point is something he's not seen a ton in BA (disclaimer: he does his BA completely independently, so I'm not actually a great judge of what he's seen in BA and what he hasn't). Is that more or less correct? 

ETA: He has finished Singapore 5B, but has not finished BA yet, and wants to finish BA while simultaneously starting the Prealgebra book.

Edited by 4KookieKids

It's been 8 years or so and it might have changed, but we found Singapore 5 much harder than Singapore 6. I think that spot teaching a few things would be fine, as would be just doing BA and AoPS. I'd keep the Singapore on hand either way if you have it already, bc sometimes it's nice to have a change when you get bored or frustrated with a certain program (and, if he's about 6th-grade, he has some time to dabble and rotate). 

• Like 1