Menu

Question for retinol users

madteaparty

I’ve used the prescription strength ones for years, usually buying overseas. But I dislike the formulation from the Indian and Mexican dispensaries (feels like chalk, drying), and love love love the one (retirides?) sold in Portugal or Spain that feels almost oily and moisturizing when put on, like the old renova formulation.. Anyway I’m out and no trips planned for anyone I can task with going into pharmacies in Southern Europe ?. I see MUAC sells a 0.5 one—has anyone tried? How do they get away with selling what sounds like prescription strength? I’ve used their acids for years and am a fan...skin has gone to hell of late, need to get back on the wagon. 

Edited by madteaparty

Just now, Arctic Mama said:

I’ve not tried their specific brand but the over the counter retinole I’ve used have always worked nicely, with less irritation than the prescription strength ones.

Yes but I know my old skin ? and need prescription strength. I guess what I’m asking is 0.5 otc is same as 0.5 prescription ?