Menu

The Happy October Teachers Lounge 10-1-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Happy October and welcome to the Lounge!

I think the theme is self-explanatory! LOL However, once again I find myself entering "fall" (it's hard to tell in Phoenix) and
wondering why I'm not where I thought I'd be by now, in a lot of different ways. Time to regroup, re-vision, release what hasn't happened and
move foward with more of a plan and vision for my life.

What are some of your favorite things about autumn? Here: when I lived where the leaves would actually change color, that was my favorite thing, along with
the brisk air. Made me feel ALIVE! Here, we look forward to rain!

What are some of your favorite things about October? Here: I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I do like bats and my daughter likes spiders, so we enjoy looking at those
decorations. And pumpkins. ?

What's your favorite holiday? Here: Christmas. Some, because I truly LOVE to give presents - especially when I've taken time to really put some thought into it and feel I have 
really hit the nail on the head. But also because I love the truly traditional Christmas Carols (Silent Night, Away in a Manger, Joy to the World, etc), and some of the 50s/60s era Christmas Carols, as well. The "Christmas" songs that came out after that I can do without. And wassail is good, too! ? Regardless of the fact that it's been said, repeatedly, that "it's NOT Jesus' real birthday" makes no difference to me. We've celebrated it as 12/25 for years and I'm okay with that. I'm pretty sure Jesus is too!

• Like 1

I love Fall and I love Halloween.  It's the worst time of year for my allergies so I never do all the things I want to do, but I still love it.  I would do a whole village of decorations for Halloween if I had the time/money/space.   I want to decorate my classroom but I have a feeling I have a least a few families who are opposed to Halloween, so I'm not sure.  We are participating in the 4-H window decorating contest for 4-H week, and my club is called the Mad STEM Scientists, so we are setting up a Mad Science laboratory which should count for Halloween as well.

• Like 1

Just came back to the laptop after the day, saw I never actually posted! Below was written by the optismistic morning me, lol :

Morning Scrap! 

Favorite part of autumn: Truthfully I love the rain (raining this morning, yay) and I've never experienced a true fall, this is my favorite time of the year. Well, November when it actually starts to cool down it's my favorite, but man I love the rain today. 

October is mostly a "get through it" month for me. Figuring out costumes, my parents have their birthdays, and October just feels like there is so much to get done before the "real" holiday season begins in November, so I pack as much in as possible. 

Favorite holiday I think is Christmas, though I'm not looking forward to this one in particular because we're living with my mil and a lot of my favorite traditions are just going to get pushed out or encroached on. But, it will still be fun and it's a cozy time of year for us.