Menu

Color Me Beautiful - Anyone Want to Reminisce with Me?

ChrisB

On 9/15/2018 at 1:27 PM, ChrisB said:

Maybe your boardie sisters can help you figure your colors out...  Reiterating what Crimson said above, winters look good in sharp white and black and colors that have a white base, not cream or brown.  Autumns and summers look better in cream and soft (faded?) black, not sure about springs, maybe cream.  

Thank you! I found an awesome series of videos on YouTube by Merriam Style and particularly like the video "No Such thing as a neutral undertone!!" I like how simple she keeps it all. One thing I discovered is I've know I look nice in true red and  true green, which happen to be 2 colors that look nice on all skin tones. It's nice because at least I know for sure those will work for me and why. LOL. I tried her bright yellow vs. bright blue and then muted blue vs. muted yellow test. I used construction paper under my face with no makeup and I think maybe the yellow, orange, and yellow green makes my skin a bit gray. I'm thinking I'm probably cool toned.

I'm not sure if if I'm bright) vs. muted though but haven't spent much time figuring that out yet. 

Edited by IfIOnly
  • Like 1