Menu

edhesive AP statistics

Hi, mirabilis:  So the funny thing is freesia had to ask for the solutions which were emailed to her as a packet of pdf's!  We don't need to do that, the solutions are actually embedded in the teacher website, but it isn't easy to find.  If you log in to your teacher account, first find your way to the page that shows this:

image.png.88e2cb5f56c9c727645ec1d3bfb7b635.png

by clicking "Modules" on the left side bar.

Page down to the quiz you are looking for:

image.thumb.png.b2f0d99764f8479f2df01c5bdf6fd220.png

See on the line for Quiz: 1.1 + 1.2?  To the right there is that tiny icon of a person in front of a blackboard?  Clicking on that will reveal "Teacher Resources"  on the right hand side:

image.thumb.png.9f79bdef3e1e494e6180818a90d86ac0.png

And there you can find the link to the solutions.  

Never in 100 years would I have found that on my own.  

LMK if you have trouble finding this.  

thank you for this. i too would never have found it.

are you following the pacing guide? what week are you on? we start week 2 next week - just finished first quiz friday. since you seem to know more than me, can you just humor me... how much is auto-graded, and how much/what do i need to grade on my own? i am used to their AP CS-A where it was all done for me. can you clue me in?

.?

I'm just following along with my dd's pacing.  So far she is through quiz 1.1-1.2.  I hadn't checked the edhesive teacher account in weeks, and dd reminded me to grade her quiz.  The multiple choice parts came up already graded, but you need to assign points to the free response questions.     

• 2 months later...

Beginning to think about which AP Stats class DD will take next year....@mirabillis and @daijobu how is the Edhesive class going? Any things you love? Don't like? Thorough? Easy to grade? Pacing? Work load? Any interaction with the actual teacher (Mr. Porinchakor just via the videos? Also, I see that it is an approved AP Syllabus so are you listing it on DC's transcript as an AP class?

DD took AP gov with Adhesive and didn't love it and we ended up switching so I am a little gun shy of taking another Adhesive class but wanted to see how the class was going for your kiddos?

Thanks so much!

**edited to add  a few more questions.

Edited by counselinggirl

7 minutes ago, counselinggirl said:

Beginning to think about which AP Stats class DD will take next year....@mirabillis and @daijobu how is the Edhesive class going? Any things you love? Don't like? Thorough? Easy to grade? Pacing? Work load? Any interaction with the actual teacher (Mr. Porinchakor just via the videos? Also, I see that it is an approved AP Syllabus so are you listing it on DC's transcript as an AP class?

DD took AP gov with Adhesive and didn't love it and we ended up switching so I am a little gun shy of taking another Adhesive class but wanted to see how the class was going for your kiddos?

Thanks so much!

**edited to add  a few more questions.

So my younger dd who is taking the class is enrolled in regular school, so she's after schooling this class.  I thought she dropped the class, since she is still on Unit 1, but she just completed a couple more quizzes, so maybe she'll finish it?  

So I don't have much to report except to say that the quizzes have a very detailed answer key so that your student will understand even why each multiple choice problem is correct or not.  There isn't any interaction with the teacher as far as I'm aware, but there is a discussion board.  I would list it as an AP class.  Check back again next semester; hopefully I'll have more info.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daijobu said:

So my younger dd who is taking the class is enrolled in regular school, so she's after schooling this class.  I thought she dropped the class, since she is still on Unit 1, but she just completed a couple more quizzes, so maybe she'll finish it?  

So I don't have much to report except to say that the quizzes have a very detailed answer key so that your student will understand even why each multiple choice problem is correct or not.  There isn't any interaction with the teacher as far as I'm aware, but there is a discussion board.  I would list it as an AP class.  Check back again next semester; hopefully I'll have more info.  

Thank you so much for your speedy response! I will check  back in with you! I was trying to get a jump on it because I keep seeing things about having to select AP classes early this year due to College Board's new timelines.... 🙂 Appreciate the help! 

Hi!!!! How's school going?!

Well... we're staying more or less on track. The pacing guide they provide finishes the class by end of February, so we've stretched it a wee bit here and there  Finishing Unit 3 test now. So... what to say about it? He's learning a ton. There is 0 interaction with anybody. Discussion boards are not attended, no one is on them,like with AP-CS-A. But I've asked a question or 2 on the teacher forum and received answers. Multiple choice is self-grade, FRQs you grade (based on rubric) - fairly straightforward. Hard to say it's worth the new going rate of $500-600 or so (what is it exactly?) b/c for that rate, I expect some teacher feedback and grading. And there is none. So we'll see if future kiddos of ours will take it, really for that reason alone. But as a course, he's learning a ton - so we'll see how AP exams go by end of year. And yes we'll list it as an AP class.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 1:10 AM, mirabillis said:

Hi!!!! How's school going?!

Well... we're staying more or less on track. The pacing guide they provide finishes the class by end of February, so we've stretched it a wee bit here and there  Finishing Unit 3 test now. So... what to say about it? He's learning a ton. There is 0 interaction with anybody. Discussion boards are not attended, no one is on them,like with AP-CS-A. But I've asked a question or 2 on the teacher forum and received answers. Multiple choice is self-grade, FRQs you grade (based on rubric) - fairly straightforward. Hard to say it's worth the new going rate of $500-600 or so (what is it exactly?) b/c for that rate, I expect some teacher feedback and grading. And there is none. So we'll see if future kiddos of ours will take it, really for that reason alone. But as a course, he's learning a ton - so we'll see how AP exams go by end of year. And yes we'll list it as an AP class.

HI!!! Miss talking to you! School is going very well this year! Loving Blue Tent AP Lit & Mr D Pre Calc and she is self studying for APES & APUSH (with approved syllabus from College Board) plus ASL and other fun electives 🤗 Hope your school year is going well!

Glad to hear all is going well with Edhesive AP Stats! Didn't realize the price went up to $600-$700 with no teacher!! Think we will pass especially since DD was not a fan of Adhesive AP Gov format and such. Might look at PAHS AP Stats or FLVS but thank you for the info on the course and for the heads up on the cost! Glad DS is learning and hope all goes well for AP exams--sure I will chat with you before that!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season! 😄

• Like 1