Menu

Tell me about Truthquest

ExcitedMama

I was looking for something more that I could read alongside SOTW to help my youngest really understand what we are talking about but also add in more for DS. I’m confused by the Truthquest samples. Is the guide just pointing things out and then listing other books? Do you think it really does help your children understand the events?

Yes, it's going to have a chatty explanation of the author's take on history and then book lists. I used it for the booklists, because I didn't really identify with her take on history. But, you know, some people really like the commentary. Have you tried their discussion group (which used to be on yahoo groups 15 years ago back in the day, wow)...  The book lists are terrific, but they're going to tend to be oop, meaning you'll need sources or spend a lot of money.

Which SOTW are you in? TQ is going to be weakest in ancients, etc. and strongest for american.

• Like 1

I tried it one year but it was just too many choices to wade through for me (too hit or miss). I just used Sonlight for book choices because we usually liked their choices, and then used the spine text that I wanted to use (we used MOH instead of SOTW, but a lot of people use SOTW with Sonlight 1 and 2, which covers world history from ancients to the present.) Bright Ideas Press and Winter Promise have some good listings at times too. I used to use those for additional ideas sometimes.

• Like 1