Menu

Free program by Sheri @ momdelights.com

homemommy83

Hive,

I just looked at a program called Gentle Grammar that Sheri has adapted from C.C.Longs books and they are fabulous for beginning writers.  It is really more of a simple early writing program than grammar...imho.  There are 4 levels completed with 60 lessons per level which makes this a perfect addition to the oral and memory work of FLL or R&S.

She has this for a free download on her website...and also has other downloads for free called Lesson Books of which are based on using the McGuffey readers for LA in a Charlotte Mason way.  

I just thought this may fill a little gap for those wanting gentle writing lessons for little ones.  

Have a great week!

Brenda

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeriJ said:

As long as she has fixed the misspelling in her Lesson Book. I asked about it on the blog and my comment was deleted with no response.

I haven't used it yet, but from looking at the set up they looked great so I hope there isn't a lot of typos.  

I just thought that all of her work to help homeschooling families was generous and kind and I thought that it might bless some families here.  It is rare that someone works so hard for free...just to be a blessing and so I wanted to give her a shout out.

Brenda

• Like 2

I didn't mean to sound so negative earlier.  I was responding in a hurry.  I apologize.

But when I was looking over what she offered (and the lesson books are not free...only the public domain grammar book), I noticed that in every picture of the lesson book, the word sentences was spelled sentencess.  For some reason that day, I was frustrated that someone publishing and selling a language arts product had such an obvious typo.  So I asked about it, wondering if it had been fixed before people started paying money for it, but my comment was deleted and she never responded to the question. 

1 minute ago, KeriJ said:

My phone is not letting me quote. Thank you for clearing that up. I missed it somehow.?

I went back to her site just now and couldn't find them again either...then I remembered it was listed as Charlotte Mason lesson sheets for the Mcguffey Readers and other literature.  If you go to her Youtube channel it will direct you to the right blog post...it has all of them in one download....Sorry about the confusion.  

P.S. I get grumpy sometimes to?...

Brenda

4 minutes ago, seemesew said:

I love C.C. Longs books so I was very excited to see these since it is more in a workbook format! I actually have been meaning to mention them here too but you beat me to it ;0) I like this series better than Emma Serls, personally. It just seems like there is more to them but not in an overwhelming way. Here is the link to the post if anyone is interested! http://momdelights.com/index.php/2018/02/06/free-gentle-grammar-curriculum-download/ 

Thank you for posting the link...I have never posted a link before.

Brenda

• Like 1