Menu

Help with Spanish

Hoping someone might have some ideas for us.

Here's the situation: DS had Spanish 1 and 2 and then due to a scheduling issue and some other personal things didn't have Spanish last year. So on paper he needs Spanish 3 but with a year off isn't really ready for it. We thought Homeschool Spanish Academy was going to be the answer, but he hated it when he did the trial -- way too much background noise and the connection dropped multiple times. So, looking for ideas --  would like to have a live component if at all possible.

Anyone have any experience with Aim Academy's multi-level Spanish? 

He needs a third year because our state flagship has a 3 year requirement for admissions.

Thanks!

Realidades

We thought about just having him start over at the local U which happens to be our state flagship, but at $3000+ per semester that's not happening. Also, no guarantee he'd even get in since he can't register till the first day of classes.

Edited by mom1720
add more info

If it was me I would choose something like Breaking The Barrier Spanish, find out where he is in the grammar and have him start there studying at home and then find someone locally to do a weekly conversation class.

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure. This is a kid who has said he needs more structure and accountability, i.e., not mom, when it comes to things he doesn't particularly enjoy. Foreign language fits that category. But I'll run it by him.

Any other ideas?