Menu

APUSH Syllabus

My dd self-studied for the APUSH exam. She used the FundaFunda syllabus that uses the Great Courses videos and a book by Paul Johnson. It was a great year and she scored a 5 on the test. So not the text you mentioned but thought I'd throw it out there as another idea.

37 minutes ago, TCB said:

My dd self-studied for the APUSH exam. She used the FundaFunda syllabus that uses the Great Courses videos and a book by Paul Johnson. It was a great year and she scored a 5 on the test. So not the text you mentioned but thought I'd throw it out there as another idea.

That is great news! We are also following that schedule. I was trying to add more just in case.  Glad to hear it was good without it!  Maybe I'll leave it out.:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hsmom08 said:

Can I ask which particular Critical Thinking books you used?

They are called Critical Thinking in US History . There are 4 of them covering different time periods. You can find the exact name etc on the Funda Funda syllabus. I bought mine used on Amazon.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, TCB said:

Critical Thinking in US History 

looks like some good stuff - with all of the discussions about creating AP courses worthy of being college level - it would be great if folks here would use materials like this and hopefully not just cram for the AP exam?.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkT said:

looks like some good stuff - with all of the discussions about creating AP courses worthy of being college level - it would be great if folks here would use materials like this and hopefully not just cram for the AP exam?.

That is what I really liked about the Funda Funda syllabus we used. I felt really good about the fact that my dd had a really interesting, solid course and learned a huge amount, and then doing the exam was just on the side rather than the whole focus. 

• Like 1