Menu

1 year elementary World History?

alisha

I've done searches on this forum and in general and can't find much, so I'm just going to ask.

Do you know of an elementary (Grade 2-4) 1 year world History Curriculum? Bonus if it's inexpensive and easy to use. I keep finding all the 4 year cycle ones, but that's not what I want. I just want an overview to world history that hits the main points and can be completed in one school year. 

I've looked into CHOW, but I don't think I can make that work for us.

Thanks!

We did Sonlight’s b+c last year and it was fun! I tweaked it soo much though, Like cutting out all the Bible and added in our own geography. 

Id say get CHOW or any other Historical timeline book and read through it at your own pace. Get library books on certain topics that interest your kids, and get a scratch off world map(amazon $20) and scratch off the countries you read about! It’s fun and easy ? masterbooks has a world history curriculum....or maybe it’s geography. Also MFW has a history book that has all evolutionary content taken out of it, we have that book and it’s a great resource!

guest hollow has a free curriculum too and you can just get library books. My last but favorite curriculum would be Beautiful feet books. 

• Like 2

I was going to do The Story of Mankind with my 5th grader but changed plans due to the older one. I got the illustrated book and love it. I am looking forward to doing it next year. 

I will combine it with books from each continent (except possibly Antarctica) and also read around the world in 80 days. 

• Like 2

Heart of Dakota's Preparing Hearts fir His Glory is a one year sweep through World History. It uses Child's History of the World as a spine with living books added in. I think it's marketed for ages 8 to 10. My big kids had a great year with it several years back and I will use it again next year with my little guys.

• Like 2

One of these, and add in supplements as desired?? (some good supplement ideas in above posts)
The Complete Book of World History (gr. 4-8)
Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (gr. 3-7)
Kids Past website (gr. 3-6)
Timelines of World History (gr. 2-6) -- you'd need to heavily supplement
History of the World With Google Earth (gr. 3-7)

Only part of World History, but Core Knowledge books might work: Pearson Wold History & Geography (Core Knowledge) (gr. 3) -- see table of contents here. It covers World Rivers (geography) and Ancient Rome, Vikings, Native Americans, Colonial US (history).

• Like 1