Menu

Explode the code

Amp

I wouldn't get all the books right now either, honestly. You don't know whether you'll like it or not.

In case no one mentioned it, the half numbered books are extra practice - you don't need them unless you need the extra practice. Also, the 4th book is sometimes done out of order with the 5th because it covers syllable divisions and is by far the hardest book for most kids.

I never used the TMs at all. Also, I agree with Farrar in that I would just buy the books you need for this year, not the whole series, just in case, and we've had the same experience with the 4th book - I usually do 5 before 4. One other thing: you may not need to do the entire series. I have often done the 5 or 6 book with my kids and then they don't really need phonics instruction anymore, so we drop it in favor of spelling and English. I only did through book 8 with my oldest and mostly because I didn't know better, but we could have dropped it sooner.