Menu

Transition from Math Mammoth 7 to Algebra 1, easy?

ByGrace3

Has anyone found the transition from MM to Algebra 1 an easy one? As I look around at Algebra 1 curriculum, it all looks a step down in depth from Math Mammoth...I am only looking at samples, however, so I am just curious if this has been anyone else's experience? My dd has found MM challenging, but certainly doable. (We tried another prealgebra at the beginning of the year and the teaching style was not a good fit, so she is working her way through MM 7B this summer)...

I guess my biggest concern is I don't want to have built this great math foundation by putting her into an algebra 1 that isn't as good in essence taking a step backwards...(She is signed up for Mr. D Algebra 1 in the Fall). She is not a fan of math, and certainly not an AOPS kid...so maybe I am overthinking this? 

I have a MM graduate starting Alg 1 in the fall, too.:)  She is not going to be a STEM major.  She's an artsy girl.:) She is starting TT Alg 1(8th grade).  She will be very prepared. But, I don't know specifically about Mr.D. My guess: your dd will be well prepared too.:)