Menu

Is this too much for English?

Janeway

I am not including literature/reading on this as I have plans for that separate from this.

BUT, I already own BJU English for this level so I want to use it. BUT, I really like the looks of "Fix It" so would like to try it. I also would like to try CAP W&R. I was thinking of getting the first level of Fix It but going at half speed for the year as it does appear to be advanced. Same thing for W&R. Not sure if this would be too much. I got the Fix It free from the buyers coop thing but am suspecting it might be cheaper to just buy the workbook printed than trying to print it on my own.

When I start to go through materials, I plot out what a week's worth of work would look like.  Every assignment is written down so I can see if it would be overkill or not.  This year when I did that I decided to alternate weeks: one week on writing instruction with a curriculum, one week on mechanics instruction / copywork.  It actually works out well and meshes fantastically over the year, but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't sat down with all the various pieces and plotted it out.

Totally doable...this is how you do it. Bju English is 2 weeks writing, 2 weeks grammar and repeat. So when you do the 2 weeks of writing then work on fix it!. When you are doing BJU grammar then do lessons from Writing and Rhetoric. W&R is a one semester curriculum so doing it this way will stretch it to all year. Fix it! Is only 4 days a week, one sentence a day. It is easy to implement. You could get it to 2 days by doing 2 sentences.