Menu

SAT scores delivery time to colleges

We are new to college applications, so this is new territory for us. The college board website says 2-4 weeks for delivery of SAT scores.Then on another page it says it could take up to 5 weeks. This sounds like a scam to me.... trying to entice me to pay extra $27 for rush delivery. Does it really take so long for them to deliver scores?

TIA

The only time that I think it really matters is if you are on the hook with a college applying to an early deadline. I know that college board delivered all the October and November SAT scores rush for free. Which I think was pretty decent of them. Our son's scores were at all the universities he was applying to with in two to three days of them being released on line.

Generally I think it works out pretty well. But, if you are on a deadline and need to get them there really fast for a scholarship or some other decision, then I reckon it would be worth the money. Otherwise, I'd just wait.

HTH

please don't opt out of putting the SSN on the SAT and the college applications. Your schools will never be able to match up the scores if you choose this option, escpecially if you apply at BIG universitiies.

In fact we have applied to a couple a BIG schools and every piece of paper they receive from us MUST include full name, date of birth and SSN. You and I may not like it, may rant against it as stupid, but I will comply, because I sure want them to be able to match the correct pieces together.

When it comes to applications....the univeristy IS like an inverse BORG... comply or you won't be assimilated....I mean matriculated. :tongue_smilie:

When it comes to applications....the univeristy IS like an inverse BORG... comply or you won't be assimilated....I mean matriculated. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

Yep.

And since as homeschoolers we already are different, we must try very hard to be assimilated.

I tried to go the no SSN route because I am personally opposed to it, but two months after all of his friends were accepted, we were still waiting for the SATs to be matched. I changed the SAT records and TADA we were accepted. Like magic only scarier.

Check with the colleges where you're applying. I know one school says as long as you take the SAT (or subject tests) in the month of the application deadline, you're okay. I.e. if the application is due Jan. 15 the SATs taken in the month of Jan. are still within their deadline, regardless of when they actually receive the scores.