Menu

Accountability Thread 5/13-5/19

Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day. Today's schedule:

Grocery list-dispatched

Revision, possibly some writing along with the rewriting

Visit MIL this afternoon and bring the painting I did for her gift

Try not to be too down. This is almost never a good day for me, and I end up tired, out-of-sorts, and peopled out. But hopefully this will be a better year.

ETA: And I do have a spot of weekly school planning to do, too.

Good morning. I spent the morning working on the schedule and trying to sort out gardening issues with the boys. They are would-be pumpkin farmers, but their grasp of how to plan and space plants isn't the greatest.

Today's schedule:

French-Lesson 26, audio, vocabulary and grammmar

Latin-Continue lesson 1, reading and translation today. I expect much snapping and snarling.

Math-Lesson 6, KTM

Writing-new spelling words from a resource used for the final project; grammar lesson on embedded subordinate clauses, final project in WWS step 3.

Literature-Reading in respective books, notes and vocabulary

History/Science-reading and narration, reading and questions

For me: French, Latin, grammar, editing, housekeeping, cooking.

• Like 1

Well,  today we've already picked up half the house so that's one accomplishment.

Right now we are taking a 2 week break so I can get some planning and prepping done. So I hope to start working on next terms English notebooks. 

I need to make sure I spend sometime reading the Bible for myself, do doing reading with the kids and maybe step outside for some fresh air.

(Mama to 6- 7,7,6,4,3,8m)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MamaRED6 said:

Well,  today we've already picked up half the house so that's one accomplishment.

Right now we are taking a 2 week break so I can get some planning and prepping done. So I hope to start working on next terms English notebooks. 

I need to make sure I spend sometime reading the Bible for myself, do doing reading with the kids and maybe step outside for some fresh air.

(Mama to 6- 7,7,6,4,3,8m)

When you are done with your house, can you come pick up mine?:biggrin: I'm about stressed out with the clutter on my desk and I need to get some cleaning done, but editing and gardens take priority right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon!  We have done chores and devotions today and that's it!  One of my bigs wanted to take me to the bookstore and lunch to celebrate a belated Mother's Day, due him working yesterday.  He bought me a new copy  of What the Bible is all About, I'd sent copy to my mom, Zaccaro's Real World Algebra and an illustrated copy of Beowulf that my dd is trying to confiscate.  I'm going to help bigger boy review for his history final tomorrow and get ready for the anatomy and physiology final on Wednesday.

• Like 2

Good morning. I'm dead. Got up and did a bunch of lawn work, acquired an new set of muscle aches and blisters, and all I want to do is crawl in the shower and go back to bed. Instead:

French-review lesson, vocabulary and grammar

Latin-continue lesson 1, conjugation 

Math-Lesson 7, KTM

Writing-spelling practice, grammar exercise, continue final project

Science/History-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, grammar, revision, supervise garden stuff, housekeeping, writers' meeting tonight.

• Like 2

Goals:

Kids: "character building opportunities" (It's break week and they have to play nice with each other. ? ), 20 minute read, get outside if it drys out

Me: review WTM book, research teaching grammar, continue prepping notebooks, read Bible, get outside for a second at least, don't drink too much coffee. (clean, cook, direct, laundry, continue being mom) 

Side note: This is my second day doing this accountability thing and it really made me mindful of what I needed to accomplish. ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MamaRED6 said:

Goals:

Kids: "character building opportunities" (It's break week and they have to play nice with each other. ? ), 20 minute read, get outside if it drys out

Me: review WTM book, research teaching grammar, continue prepping notebooks, read Bible, get outside for a second at least, don't drink too much coffee. (clean, cook, direct, laundry, continue being mom) 

Side note: This is my second day doing this accountability thing and it really made me mindful of what I needed to accomplish. ? 

It makes a nice place to keep track of the day for me. Whenever I feel down, like I haven't done that much, I can go back and see that I really didn't slack off quite as bad as I thought I did!

• Like 2

Good morning! ?

Slow start to the day, just enjoying sunny, cool, spring morning here.

To do: tackle Writing Notebook preparation, Bible, go for a walk with kids or go to midweek services, more laundry, normal housework

Kids: limit screen time, get them to read more today, listen to an audio book, and or color

• Like 2

Good morning. I think we have a scorcher of a May day to look forward to, but maybe rain is on the way? Today's schedule:

French-lesson 26, exercises

Latin-lesson 1, review vocabulary today

Math-lesson 8, KTM

Writing-practice spelling, sentences, grammar exercise, continue final project

Literature-comprehension questions

Golf lesson

For me: French, Latin, grammar, health physical for insurance this morning (bah--I can't eat until then), put in revisions to chapter, print off next chapter and start editing, cooking, maybe a little housekeeping. Maybe not. The day is already pretty busy.

• Like 1

Good morning, we got a little rain yesterday so, I'm expecting hot and muggy today.  Our schedule, once the boys get up, is

devotional

math

spelling/Greek myth/latin

Instrument lesson 

older boy has his final today for anatomy and physiology and he's so ready to be done with this class, he'll do math and then we'll go to laser tag!

I'm doing some laundry now, we'll get some lite housekeeping done, dropping elders and picking them up, leftovers for dinner and mid week church service.  I'm hoping to get some reading done too.

• Like 1

Good morning. Been busy already, but today's schedule looks something like this:

Art-painting, drawing in town

Go to library after art, also grocery store

French-review audio

Latin-translation practice

Math-lesson 9, KTM

Writing-spelling practice, no grammar, continue final project

History/Science-reading and narration, reading and questions

For me: Art, French, Latin, editing, revision, housekeeping, cooking

• Like 1

Good morning!  Still barely awake but doing some work anyway

devotions and our Greek myth have been done already.  Now, we're doing the math quiz and will get spelling done before doing our store run.

older boy is only doing math today, I'm working on his summer schedule stuff.

• Like 1

Good morning, I'm really happy it's Friday!!  Today's schedule 

devotional

math fact practice 

spelling test

instrument practice 

older boy will finish his math assignment from yesterday.  We will finish out the week with a birthday celebration for Dad.  Next week is our last official school week,then we'll move to our liter schedule.  Would anyone care to give me their thoughts on taking a break from piano for the summer, with continued practice of course, and coming back in the fall?

me: lite housekeeping, dinner or dining out, whatever dh wants, reading 

• Like 1

Good morning. Today's schedule:

French-Lesson 26 quiz

Latin-Lesson 1 quiz

Math-no quiz. The lesson looked more interesting. No KTM.

Writing-spelling quiz, grammar-a passage for analysis, finish up the first draft of the final project. I like WWS (dry-but I can make it work), but the idea that final revisions should take around 1/2 hour isn't realistic for us, so I told the boys we would work through revision tactics for the draft next week. I'd rather spend two more weeks teaching revision than have them rush things. 

Literature-boys read aloud to me

Science/History-swap from yesterday

Golf-we had a rain delay the other day.

For me: French, Latin, grammar, revisions in for current chapter, edit next chapter and start revisions, housekeeping, some cooking.

• Like 1

Good morning, better late than never. ?

me: Today I'm not feeling the greatest as I think I'm coming down with a head cold (blah) so I'm prioritizing what's most important. I've already read one chapter of Rethinking School and ready for a book discussion with a fellow homeschool mom. I also want to listen to Pam Barnhill's new blog again- real encouragement for this season of planning. I need to finish up the the loose ends I have in the planning stage and finish some more prep work. 

kids:

#3 & 5 need to do some of their speech online (Gemini Speech) also go through family names (expressive/receptive) and prepositions (receptive learning).

#1&2 need to read out of their chapter books.

Maybe do some reading outside today if not indoors while coloring. ? 

• Like 2