Menu

If you read the book Grain Brain, what did you think...

1GirlTwinBoys

15 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

I'm thinking that should be fairly possible to tell from fossilized skeletal remains? As far as health, age at death, etc.

That said, i ate processed sugary cookies today with my afternoon coffee and enjoyed them immensely. 

I don't think they can tell enough, though - the switch to farming was too early and there are way too many confounding factors.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 12:39 AM, Farrar said:

For reals. Another mom told me a couple of years ago, almost like it was a dirty secret, totally whispering it once other moms were out of earshot: "Farrar, I just don't think diet is the cure to all problems."

(PS - I'm glad I was not the only one who initially misread the title as The Great Brain... ah, homeschoolers, my people!)

This morning, at church, I was chatting to my friend about gardening and I mentioned that I had to get a kneeler because of my arthritis.  She and her husband immediately said "Oh, you have to stop eating something!"