Menu

Flylady support thread for Saturday, February 17

3 ladybugs

Hello Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found Here and Here 

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found Here

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 3 - Main Bathroom and 1 other room

Saturday - Family Fun Day!

Saturday at FlyLady is especially fun because it’s the day we have Family Fun Time! This a special time just for you and your loved ones to spend time renewing your relationships with each other. Your week has been busy and time has been limited, so spending some special time with your family is so very important today. Here are some great Family Fun Time ideas for you:

• A movie at the local theater

• A picnic in the park

• A few games at the bowling alley

• Family Board Game Night

There are endless possibilities for you and your family to share.

Flylady mission (Missions are only Monday through Friday): None

Fly Kids Mission (Missions only Monday through Friday): None

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Sorry I have been absent the last couple of days. Thursday I was so busy that when I woke up on Friday my feet were still tired! Need to get new shoes I guess. Well yesterday wasn't much better but I did get schooling in for my boys. Tuesday is looking exhausting and we are even to Sunday yet! However after that it seems like I will get quiet for a while... I hope. 

My bathrooms are not looking bad right now. My house needs some organizing because of the boys, but that will be done this weekend. 

I have a question for any lurkers or whomever may see this. I recently saw this list of 11 steps to a clean car: 

1. Friday is our day to clean out our cars.

2. Every time you fill up with gas. I like to fill up when I hit a half of tank of gas. I am always vigilant while I am pumping gas. I keep my keys in my hand and my car is locked.

3. After the gas is pumped; I take a minute to grab any trash and throw it away.

4. I take my time and use my purple rag and a rubba sweepa to clean my windshield and mirrors. I drive a truck and it is hard to reach the middle of my windshield.

5. I also keep a rubba scrubba to sweep off my floor mats.

6. Put a Post-It Note on your dashboard to remind you to throw away the trash and clean your car.

7. With your car clean; you can run though the car wash. I did that today when I filled up. You can also do a quick wash at home with your dust mitt and a water hose.

8. Keep a trash bag in your car. Then you don't have any excuse to not keep your trash corralled.

9. When you get home; completely empty out your car. Everyone grabs something to take into the house.

10. Take your time getting out of the car. I always attach my keys to my purse and gather up my things.

11. It is OK to make a second trip to the car.

This doesn't seem practical to me because I live in one of the 2 heavenly states that it is illegal to pump my own gas (New Jersey, Oregon is the other one). So I really only get out of my car with purpose. This list also encourages purchasing 2 things. Which I try to avoid.

So what would be on your list to keep your car clean?

I don't keep trash in my car. I have a car trash bag that hangs in the front passenger side and we use it. If we have soda cans or other things that cannot be put in that bag, we take them out when we  get home. The outside of my car is another story.

When the kids were little, I had a box that fit perfectly between the two captain's seats of my minivan where we kept books and toys. They didn't have electronic gadgets back then. So when we got to where we were going, it was easy to gather up the books and toys and toss them in the box. It kept the car clean. Oh, and I picked up any food that had fallen like goldfish. That and cheerios was pretty much the only food I allowed in the car because I could use my hand vacuum if necessary and it wasn't sticky.

I fill my car when it gets to 1/4th a tank. 

And I'll admit I'm not vigilant when I pump gas. My purse sits on the floorboard of the drivers side and I keep the car unlocked while I stand there so technically someone could open the passenger door and reach in for my purse. It would be a long reach though.

Sometimes when DH is filling up the car, he'll use the station's wet squeegee to clean my windshield, but I never do that.

I've noticed from Flylady's emails and Diane in Denmark's videos that they say you don't need Flylady equipment to follow the system. Find what works for you. You could use a dust rag to wipe your dashboard. I have cloth floor mats. I can take them out and shake them. I even hold it up with one hand and beat it with the other like you would a rug. If the floorboards get really dirty, I use my vacuum but that is not often.

When you're at the station, does the attendant clean your windshield for you? When I was a little girl, before self-pump, our windshield was always cleaned while the gas pump was in the car. If not, use a window cleaner or even plain water and a rag or some paper towels when you get home. You don't need a special gadget to clean your windshield.