Menu

Any online AP Physics C courses?

We're still looking for an AP Physics C class for 2018-2019.  DD took Ms Jetta's physics in 8th and loved the live online format.  This year she's taking bio honors (FundaFunda, Dr Dana) and is learning a ton.  For 10th grade, she wants to go back to a live online course and decided on physics.  (Chemistry will have to wait till 11th grade.) 

Any recommendations? 

• Like 1

PA Homeschoolers 

various delivery methods

full year or semester course

AP Physics C Mechanics

AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism

Physics Prep

video based 

full year or semester course

AP Physics C Mechanics

AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism

MrBobPhysics 

text book readings /problem set based with weekly live meeting

AP Physics C Mechanics full year course

new for 2018-19

UC SCOUT

video and problem set based 

semester courses

AP Physics C Mechanics   Fall semester 

AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism  Spring semester

see

FYI, Stanford Online High School offers a variety of APs (including physics C), and you can take it as a single course (without enrolling full time), and students meet regularly live online with a teacher and other students, who are serious about the course.  There are also office hours and some social connections (somewhat) with other students at the school.  The negative is that it is expensive (tuition is almost $5000) and you need to apply to the school well in advance of enrolling (January preferably, but March at the latest).    

• Like 2

Thanks for the recommendations.  I looked at Stanford but I'm not sure I can justify $5,000.  I'm sure it's a fantastic course, and we have no problem paying for quality courses. I just don't want to spend frivolously if there's a comparable option out there.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, LAR said:

We're still looking for an AP Physics C class for 2018-2019.  DD took Ms Jetta's physics in 8th and loved the live online format.  This year she's taking bio honors (FundaFunda, Dr Dana) and is learning a ton.  For 10th grade, she wants to go back to a live online course and decided on physics.  (Chemistry will have to wait till 11th grade.) 

Any recommendations? 

We are in the same boat!! Please let me know if you find anything.  I really don't want my kiddo to have to drive to the community college 3 times per week to take a more advanced physics. 

Have you seen any reviews of Mr. Bob Physics?  There isn't much information on his website.

No reviews on Mr Bob. It's going to be his first year offering this course - a beta year. 

He's currently preparing his son for the AP Physics C exam so I'm being patient waiting to get more information on his plans for an August start.  

• Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, LAR said:

No reviews on Mr Bob. It's going to be his first year offering this course - a beta year. 

He's currently preparing his son for the AP Physics C exam so I'm being patient waiting to get more information on his plans for an August start.  

sent you a PM

• Like 1