Menu

iew

angelmama1209

If you like the videos, SICC-B is a fabulous next choice. It's enough material to cover 2 years if you want to spread it out.  It is designed to pick up right where SWI-B leaves off. 

Level C SWI would be another introduction just for older students. You only do one level of SWI and then move on to SICCs or theme books. 

If you don't want video, then I would look at the B Level theme books: US History, Medieval History, or World History would be good choices. 

I would probably do at least on of these above, and then move on to the Elegant Essay and Windows to the World

There are literature programs to meet any state requirements for lit/comp courses. There are books on doing research papers and writing novels. There are courses on speeches and getting ready for college, so you have a lot of options. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 2

If you like the videos, SICC-B is a fabulous next choice. It's enough material to cover 2 years if you want to spread it out.  It is designed to pick up right where SWI-B leaves off. 

Level C SWI would be another introduction just for older students. You only do one level of SWI and then move on to SICCs or theme books. 

If you don't want video, then I would look at the B Level theme books: US History, Medieval History, or World History would be good choices. 

Thank you! That's fantastic. Then what? We can easily make it take 2 years. That would be 10thish grade. Would Writing with Skill fit in anywhere? I have the first one, I think.

Edited by angelmama1209
  • Like 1

Sorry, I edited it to add more. 

ok, so the continuation course. Then perhaps a theme book. Then elegant essays then windows to the world? And that's it?

Would Writing with Skill fit in anywhere? I think I have the first level of that. What about Lost Tools of Writing?

Edited by angelmama1209

I would probably do at least on of these above, and then move on to the Elegant Essay and Windows to the World

There are literature programs to meet any state requirements for lit/comp courses. There are books on doing research papers and writing novels. There are courses on speeches and getting ready for college, so you have a lot of options. 

This is almost exactly what we've done.

3rd-5th we do various theme books (All Things Fun & Fascinating, Fables, Narnia). Then in 6th - 8th we do SWI B and move on to SICC B because I think Andrew Pudewa's corny humor is perfect for middle schoolers and it seems like my kids take his advice about their writing more seriously than they do mine at that age ;)

Then in 9th we do EE and follow it up with WttW. After that, they're set and ready for any writing assignment I throw at them :)

• Like 1