Menu

Anyone own a Nissan NV 3500?

3 ladybugs

I know that this vehicle is a commercial vehicle and therefore doesn't need to disclose estimated MPG ratings, but I am wondering if someone here has done the math on their own. I am looking more for highway (not towing) MPG if anyone knows. We want to get one in the next year and we are going to have to travel with it soon thereafter. I am just wondering how bad the millage is on it. Also about how many miles do you go between filling up when on the highway? This will tell me how to plan said trip too. 

Thank you for your help! 

Thank you everyone! We are not getting it because of it's fuel efficiency. We want something that will tow and hold 3-4 kids. A plus is that it doesn't cost $60K new. I am just not an SUV person. I much rather have a van. I also love that it has only one sliding door for my kids to get in and out. So I think it will meet our needs well. 

360 miles between fill ups is better then I feared. I was thinking 300 miles. 

We took a trip to Florida (about 1000 miles for us) with 3 kids and I felt like it was tight in my Odyssey. We are licensed to foster 2 children not just 1 so I worry if we would even be able to take a trip with our Odyssey. We also like to camp and we can't camp right now with the cargo capacity of the Odyssey (and more then our 2 children). So we need something for that. 

We also have grandparents that visit us as none of them live close, the ability to fit all of us in one car is appealing. I just want to get a red one as I worry about people thinking it is a courtesy vehicle if I were to pull up in front of a hotel and wait for grandparents. :yikes: 

We bought one in 2015. I'm not exactly sure of the gas mileage, but overall I've been extremely pleased with the van. For now, we're keeping half of the backseat (it's a 2/2 split) removed for extra cargo space and that's working well.

We also have grandparents that visit us as none of them live close, the ability to fit all of us in one car is appealing. I just want to get a red one as I worry about people thinking it is a courtesy vehicle if I were to pull up in front of a hotel and wait for grandparents. :yikes: 

I did get chased down once by a couple that apparently mistook me for the airport shuttle! I have a blue one, but this was at a 2 am dropoff for the shuttle (about 2 hours away from the airport) for my husband.

We bought one in 2015. I'm not exactly sure of the gas mileage, but overall I've been extremely pleased with the van. For now, we're keeping half of the backseat (it's a 2/2 split) removed for extra cargo space and that's working well.

I did get chased down once by a couple that apparently mistook me for the airport shuttle! I have a blue one, but this was at a 2 am dropoff for the shuttle (about 2 hours away from the airport) for my husband.

Yeah I have spent months looking at courtesy vehicles and none of them seem to be red. They are white, blue, black, grey or some other color like that but not red. I am sure red will look like a fire truck but hey, YDS wants to be a fireman! Also when we got the Odyssey (12 years ago) I wanted a red one but HATED the red that year. It was too orangey so we got a brown one. I am a person that likes color (our other car I picked out before DH and I met and it is periwinkle) so we need a van with color. Not to mention our long term goal is to get an Airstream and the red with an Airstream would look great together!