Menu

I'm thinking I might have endometriosis???

Prairie~Phlox

I was on BCP's before I got pregnant with dc, (youngest is 16) and I had a IUD from the time he was born to 10 years old and then had a tubal.  The last year or so I've had terrible hip pain and was thinking it was due to working on concrete and needing new shoes, but then I realized the last few months that it's actually right when my period is starting and after doing some research, I think it's endo.  I plan to call our free clinic that we have access to for government employees, as I'm not due for a Gyno until this summer and I can get some free prescriptions and have used the clinic for other stuff as well.  I really don't want to have a laparoscopy yet, mainly because of timing and the money we'd have to pay out, I would rather wait a year or two until my kids are all through school if I could.  Any suggestions or btdt people?

Thanks,

Kristine

Is the hip pain ongoing?

I have pain in one hip every few months, around the time of my period. It comes on pretty suddenly and lasts for a few hours, during which time I am curled up in bed with a heating pad and taking ibuprophen. In my case it is a burst ovarian cyst. I went on BCP to stop them, and it has helped (though not eliminated them).

It’s the side of my hip, not quite joint pain. I have to lay on a heating pad to get a little relief & ibuprofen dulls the pain. It’s only at the beginning of my period & then is fine a day into it. I did not connect the two at first, just was contributing it to working on concrete.