Menu

Flylady support thread for Sunday December 31...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

We will start the baby steps again TONIGHT! So if you are a lurker, find us then!

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 1 - The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. 

Sunday - Renew your spirit!

Each Sunday is the day to Renew Your Spirit. This is a day to take time for yourself and build YOU up with your favorite things. If you don’t Renew Your Spirit, you can’t renew the spirit of others. Here are some great ideas:

• A movie at the local theater

• A walk in the park

• Curl up with a good book

• Take a long hot bubble bath

• Watch a favorite movie

There are so many ways you can Renew Your Spirit. Find some that work for you.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)None

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)None

Holiday Clean Up mission - OK – It is TIME! Those Holiday decorations are to be taken down and put away one BabyStep at a time! If you have already managed to get your Christmas trees taken down and decorations put away, congratulations!

If not, then spend 15 minutes every day this week getting holiday decorations put away. By this Friday, get the Tree either put away or out of the house! Whew!

This means lights, ornaments, tree, and all other decorations! We are going to party on Friday, and celebrate that we have successfully survived and enjoyed a stress free Holiday by FLYing!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

My to do list for today:

• Breakfast
  • lunch
  • dinner
  • snack
  • hot spot bedroom
  • lesson plan (need at least 3 weeks planned)
  • fix blanket
  • update blog
  • Laundry
  • Church
  • blessing hour

I don't think it will be that bad of a day today. We will have to see though. The boys are not going to want to put away all their Christmas things I am sure. 

Edited by 3 ladybugs

I am excited! Tomorrow is January 1, my first official day! I have been making good progress for the last couple of weeks (minus the time I was out of town for the holidays), but there is just something about January 1 and accountability for set tasks that is motivating.

• Like 2

I love the fly lady​ system. 

I would love to get my children doing their own system for their own chores/ rooms/ laundry.  They all help and my older children do their own laundry, but I would like a more fluid system with some variety.  I am going to hold my "more spoiled-lol" middles accountable for more visable help around the house.  I think the 7/9 yearolds can be clearing the table after meals/ sweeping the floor. 

Brenda

• Like 1

I have my 4 year old doing things in the blessing hour. He wipes door handles and checks that each bathroom has 2 rolls of toilet paper in them. Simple, but works. He just uses a baby wipe to wipe the door handles. 

My 9 year old dusts during blessing hour, he also checks soap levels in the soap containers. DH and I vacuum and mop respectively. My 9 year old also does the swish and swipe everyday alternating between the 2 bathrooms. 

Got back from church! It is FREEZING outside and my street I am pretty sure we could ice skate or ski on. Glad I am not going out again today! 

• Like 1

Today is a slow day.

Grocery shopping

Sweep house (which is hall, hall bathroom, dining room, kitchen, and living room)

Hall bathroom tidy

Sweep deck and front porch

Take youngest dd shopping for a couple of undershirts to wear under sweatshirts.

Dinner is planned already. It's an easy meal so very little prep.

Edited by Night Elf