Menu

Argg!!! My son's driving school has closed down and he hasn't finished...

PrincessMommy

I'm so annoyed.

It doesn't help that ds dragged his feet getting the in-car portion done.  He took classes in Aug.  now he's at his first in-car session (he needs 6hrs total).  Today is the last day.  We got no notice and here we are.  We asked if there was any company they may have worked a deal out with, but dh said there wasn't much info given when he dropped on our son.  They claim they'll give us some money towards the in-car, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Ugh.. huge hassle.   Has anyone else had this happen to them?  What did you do.

I’ve had two businesses tank on us.

One was a TKD studio. The owner had sort of turned operations over to the main instructor and he stole a bunch of money. Lots of people lost lots of money because they had purchased packages in advance.

The other was a dance studio. The owner married an ex-con, druggie and got heavily into drugs herself. Even her adult kids cut her off. It was very sad. In that case, the business was bought and everything was made right. But it is always a hassle.

I've heard of these companies signing off on driving that wasn't actually done.  In case that is of interest, you might ask.  Of course, the ethics of that approach depend on whether you think their value is solely in checking the box required of your state's driver's license division or is actually in the instruction itself.  I lean towards the former, personally, but certainly this is something on which reasonable minds may vary.