Menu

Tea Tree Oil treatment

Night Elf

Per recommendations in my Ringworm thread, I bought the tea tree oil. How often do I use it? My doctor said to alternate it with the prescription cream she wants me to get but that I haven't gotten yet. And about how long might it take the ringworm to clear up? She said to apply the cream for two weeks and if it's not better to go back.

I have never used it for ringworm but when I used it for toe nail fungus I used a carrier oil (anything will work) and applied it everyday for a week or so (maybe longer, it was a while ago) and it went away. I might use the tea tree oil with a carrier oil on a bandage in your case. That way it can stay in place and work longer. 

• Like 1

We never had any trouble with TTO affecting skin negatively. Oldest DD has used it for ringworm and for a wart (which fell off within a week, it was like a miracle), and it never bothered her. She doesn't have particularly sensitive skin though. 

She used it daily, full strength, directly on the problem. For the wart, she covered it with a band-aid. For the ringworm, she just put it on before bed, let it sit for a bit, then covered it with a long sleeved shirt. 

If I were you, I'd do the TTO for awhile first. I don't have a lot of faith in OTC stuff based on some experiences my DH had, so I'd try the TTO before I'd try that. 

Good luck! Ringworm is such a pain. 

• Like 1

No issues with TTO being used neat here, either. I've used it for cold sores. Applied it directly whenever it started to hurt, so multiple times a day.

I've never used it for ringworm, though. *I* would probably just apply it neat several times a day.