Menu

Doggy Paw and Nose Balm

stephanier.1765

I've looked on Etsy and Amazon and there are so many balms to choose from that I can't decide on one, therefore I'm hoping someone here can recommend a tried and true balm they've used on their pets. I'd prefer one with natural ingredients.

Dog notes in case this helps your recommendation:

Dog#1 is a small ten pound terrier mutt who lives where there is snow, ice and salty conditions. I'd like something to help soothe his paws and chapped little nose.

Dog#2 is a monster, I mean a 60 lb mutt whose paws crack during the warm months. We suspect from walking on hot sidewalks and parking lots even though his owner does her best to avoid those. So here we need something to help heal those poor paws.

I've never had any luck with natural products for paws or noses, but you can try Vitamin E oil. If the problem isn't too severe it might work. Our former dog had a really severely dry nose and it didn't help at all. Aquaphor and Bag Balm were more effective. You can even try something like Burt's Bees or other natural lip balm (unflavored).

• Like 1