Menu

How much do you spend on kids sports/lessons a month or a year?

mommyoffive

I have one in competitive gymnastics and one that is a serious ballet student. For my gymnast, we have to pay monthly practice fees and competition fees, and then of course there is the very overpriced competition leotard and warm ups. We also have to pay for choreography and the occasional private lesson.

For my dancer, we pay monthly for classes. Then she is in the studio company so there are fees for that. Then she goes to a ballet competition once a year so there are fees, costumes, and coaching for that. And of course twice yearly studio performances with costume and rehearsal fees. Then there is the constant stream of leotards, tights, and pointe shoes.... I am pretty lucky in that dd dances on pointe daily but can get a pair of shoes to last a couple months. And finally, audition classes and summer intensives... let's just say a scholarship would be truly appreciated at this stage!!

I dont have the heart to add it all up!

• Like 2

I have a competitive gymnast, who is $300 a month at this point. $1000 a year comp fees and uniform.

She swims in the summer swim league, which is only about $150 total. 

She takes some lessons at the ninja gym before each of the two competitions a year (probably $400 a year)

She used to have a weekly half hour private lesson for aerial, which came out to roughly $140 a month, but something had to give. She's insanely talented at it and if she ever quits gym, I'll let her do all the aerial she wants. Right now the owner is letting her take the group classes for free. Thank goodness!

DS takes a recreational gym class for $75 a month. 

That comes out to ~$500 a month, not counting equipment, leotards, occasional private lessons, occasional hotels, the stupid ticket cost to watch her meets, or the crazy amount of gas I burn. That's actually a better number than I thought it would be. The gym costs will just keep going up though. Maybe my son will pick an inexpensive activity!

• Like 2