Menu

S/o what music/videos do you like while recovering?

MedicMom

I had a pretty significant ankle reconstruction on Monday and now I’m stuck in bed in pain. I have amazon prime, Netflix and my computer, but I really loved the YouTube song someone put up and said they’d like to hear that as they died.

I’m not expecting to die but I find those type of soothing songs help with the pain. Anyone have anything more to throw my way?

I have always liked Don Williams songs as a way to wind down at the end of a long week.  Just lay down, close my eyes, and let the music relax me.  I really wished I could have had his music playing while I was in labor!  But that was a while ago, and the now adult children weren't there yet to show me how I could have my wish. lol

• Like 1

I like distraction. I binge watch series . . . When I had Lyme, I binge watched a LOT, but I don't remember most of it because my brain was so impacted by the meningitis, lol. 

I'd just find series that you enjoy. 

Call the Midwife is great, if you haven't watched it yet.

Other faves:

Lost

Stranger Things

Boston Legal (only on DVD)

FWIW, the old series, Bewitched, is my "Xanax in a DVD" . . . if there are similar old shows you enjoyed as a kid, they might be good for calming . . . 

Laughter is supposedly a good pain reliever . . . So any old comedies you liked would be good. Friends was fun. Something like that is nice because if you doze off and miss an episode, it's no big deal (unlike some mystery or serious intellectual show.)

If you're drifting in and out of sleep or semi-sleep, then a podcast is nice, because you can close your eyes without missing anything. (Serial is good. And I think there's a second one now. I listened to that when my meningitis was at it's peak, so I don't remember much, lol. I may have to listen again.)