Menu

Too much language art overlapping...help!

bethben

Currently, we are doing PLL, AAS, and I am going to start WWE because I can integrate writing into the rest of what ds is learning (and it's a writing program that makes sense to me). I am finding that I am duplicating language art goals. For example, WWE has dictation and copywork, AAS has dictation, and PLL has dictation and copywork (along with other things). I would like to keep WWE and AAS, but PLL I'm not too sure about. I've been skipping the dictation already and the oral summaries would seem to be overkill when I start WWE. I would like something that ds can do independently. I'm open to workbooks since we really don't use them a whole lot anyhow (something like easy grammar?). Any suggestions on how to streamline this?

Beth

Hmmmm....I'd suggest maybe replacing PLL with Growing with Grammar (workbook based), and only doing AAS dictation 2 days a week and the dictation from WWE the other 2 days. The 2 programs focus on different kinds of dictation - one is for the spelling rules, and the WWE focuses on grammar concepts.

We're using AAS and WWE and R&S 3. I'm going to replace one of the dictation excercises from WWE per week with the dictation in AAS. Otherwise, leave everything else the same.

I think the dictation and copywork from PLL could also replace some from WWE.

I actually think those 3 LA choices work well together, just need a slight modification.

Julie