Menu

So I'm not voting today.

Long story, but I haven't received my absentee ballot yet. They said it was mailed on Thursday. And the voting clerk has to receive it tonight. Do I complain about it? Yes, I'm upset. But what good is it going to do if I make a stink? I'm still not going to get to vote.

Sorry. That's so disappointing.

Dh had to vote absentee, but we checked on line to make sure it was processed and sent out well ahead. He was just afraid with the volume that things could go wrong.

There was a news report this morning that our state mailed overseas ballots out late (sometime in Oct.) so there's no way that military personnel serving out of the country could have returned them in time (something like 45 days before the election?). That will probably become an issue today if the vote is close here.

Maybe you will get a provisional. You could always call the office of the registrar and find out what you should do at the polling place.

Problem is we're not in Texas now. We're in New Mexico. And we didn't have an address here until two weeks ago when we moved here so we couldn't try to get our absentee ballot earlier.

Problem is we're not in Texas now. We're in New Mexico. And we didn't have an address here until two weeks ago when we moved here so we couldn't try to get our absentee ballot earlier.

So you are registered to vote in Texas but on this day, you happen to be in New Mexico? Shortly, you will be returning to Texas?

Am I right?